In 2021, Network of Excellence’s projects TAILOR, HumanE AI Net, VISION and CLAIRE AISBL are planning a series of joint so-called Theme Development Workshops (TDW) to bring together key players from specific industry sectors with key AI researchers, and additional stakeholders.
The objectives are to jointly identify the strategic AI research areas and challenges in the scope of the workshop and to set up collaborative structures for further addressing them beyond the event.
What is a Theme Development Workshop?
● One-day workshop with a limited number of 20 to 50 pre-selected participants
● Workshop programme consisting of plenary presentations and focused discussions in smaller groups and breakout sessions
● A key objective is to elaborate common goals between academia and industry to define a strategic AI research and innovation roadmap for a particular industry sector or relevant societal topic (e.g., climate change)
Which topics and industry sectors are planned?
● Mobility & Transportation (e.g., trustworthy AI for autonomous driving)
● Smart Industry (e.g., automated AI in large-scale industrial contexts)
● Health (e.g., trustworthy AI to support personalized treatment)
● Energy (e.g., AI for large-scale energy management)
● Public Sector (e.g., trustworthy AI systems and services for public administration)
● … and many others (you can also suggest topics/areas via the online form)
Who should participate?
● We are looking for strategic thinkers and AI researchers from industry as well as academic institutions and other interested parties
● You should be opened to discuss and contribute long-term strategic topics and challenges as well as more focused short-to mid-term activities
● We are welcoming participants at all career stages and levels from all over Europe to include multiple and different perspectives
These projects have received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement 952215 (TAILOR) – 825619 (HumanE-AI-Net) – 952070 (VISION)
What is in it for you?
● Identify the grand challenges for AI in Europe together with leading scientists, key industrial players as well as political and societal stakeholders
● Contribute to the strategic research and innovation agenda for AI in Europe
● Meet like-minded people and use the opportunity for networking and participation
in follow-up activities (in the projects and beyond, e.g. via internships, hackathons, transfer labs, PhD-programmes)
● Costs for the workshops are covered, there are no participation fees (you have to pay for your travel expenses for on-site Theme Development Workshops though)
I am interested, when and how can I participate?
● First Theme Development Workshops are planned for March/April 2021 as online events (due to COVID-19), TDW later in 2021 might be hybrid or on-site events
● Please pre-register via our online form below until 15th January 2021, we will inform you about the specific topics, date as well as the selection process for each upcoming TDW as soon as possible:
- #AI #ArtificialIntelligence #Education #AItraining #trusthworthyAI #ResponsibleAI #ethicalAI